2019 Japan Cherry Blososm Season: Now Open
Across Japan’s diverse landscape, the magical moment of blooming occurs from March to April for a brief period of full bloom. The cherry blossoms, known in Japanese as ‘sakura’ dazzle the world with their radiant, delicate beauty. The sea of soft pink flowers continue to romance the Japanese, as they have for centuries. So much so, they created a word to symbolise heading outdoors to appreciate them – ‘Hanami’ which translates to ‘looking at flowers’. With over 200 different varieties, the wave of pink, which sweeps up the country beginning in March, announces the arrival of spring each year, symbolising human life, transience, and honour.
Jewels of Japan Classic Tours
12-days from $9,930pp
Join us on the Jewels of Japan Fully Inclusive Classic Tour, starting from $9, 930pp twin share. This 12-day small group tour captures the unique and fascinating culture of Japan. Travel between late March and early April to experience the magic of the cherry blossoms.
Other highlights of the tour include:
- Ascend 2,300 metres up to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station (weather permitting) where, you can take in the breathtaking views over the landscapes below
- Feel futuristic in Tokyo
- Bullet train across the country to the charming Kyoto
- Relax in Ryoan-ji Temple, a Zen Temple.
- Find a moment to reflect at the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima
- Hopping on a ferry, make the short trip to the holy island of Miyajima
For more information visit www.wendywutours.com.au or call 1300 727 998.