There are all sorts of reasons why you might find yourself embarking on a solo trip or going it alone! Maybe you want to explore more far-flung destinations than your family and friends? Or maybe your idea of a holiday doesn’t involve lying on a sun lounger.
Perhaps you and your partner take it in turns to go on holidays – after all, someone has to look after the pets, right? Now it’s your turn to take off and try your hand at going it alone. It’s time to indulge yourself and embark on that trip YOU have always wanted to take.
Our group tours are an ideal way for you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime. With comfort and security, knowing you are not alone you might even be surprised! Did you know that on some of our tours, up to 65% of travellers join us solo? When we ask our customers what’s best about travelling going it alone, here are some of the things they tell us:
- You’ll start the tour as an individual but will finish with many lifelong friends.
- There’s always someone to take your photo in front of the Taj Mahal/Angkor Wat/the Great Wall of China (and yes, we know there are selfie-sticks these days, but who really wants to lug one of those around).
- Safety in numbers – regardless of how well travelled you are, we all know the feeling of trepidation as you arrive in a new destination, where you don’t speak the language and don’t know your way around.
There’s something reassuring about exploring a new place with the confidence that comes with someone at your side whether it’s a guide or fellow travellers.
- You’re free to be you. You may be a mother/husband/babysitter/executive/counsellor/doctor at home, but on tour, you are a traveller – an ‘Explorer of the World’. Focus on the present and immerse yourself in your new environment and the journey along the way. And then swap stories with your fellow group members at the end of each day over dinner. We know that often the extra expense of travelling solo can be off-putting, which is why we have options for you.
- If you are willing to share on our group tours and book more than 60 days prior to the group tour departure date, you won’t have to pay a single supplement*.
- Guarantee yourself a single room by paying a single supplement.
Want more information about travelling solo with Wendy Wu Tours, or have a few more questions before you are ready to explore Asia, visit our website for further details: wendywutours.com.au/solo-travellers
*Covers hotel nights only. Supplements for Yangtze River cruises, unfortunately, cannot be waived